The USO once again hosted one of the nation’s signature Fourth of July bashes: the White House concert for troops and families. But just as much work went into helping troops stationed around the world celebrate Independence Day.
Here’s a look at how USO centers from Northern Virginia to Southern Afghanistan went big on July 4.
Have you signed up to host a Barbecue for the Troops for the summer yet? We still have more than two months of grill time left! Be sure to use one of our amazing recipes, like this one straight from the front lines! Our troops may not always have a gourmet kitchen, but they have come up with some ingenious ways to cook up a storm!
- 1/4 cup condensed bean with bacon soup 1 (8 inch) flour tortilla
- 1 turkey hot dog
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Cooking Instrument: Microwave
- Pour soup into a small microwave safe bowl.
- Wrap tortilla and hot dog with a clean, lightly moist cloth.
- Place soup, tortilla, and hot dog in microwave and cook on high approximately 30 seconds, or until tortilla is hot and pliable and the soup is hot.
- Place hot dog and soup in center of tortilla; sprinkle with cheese and roll.
- Microwave for an additional 10 seconds to fully melt the cheese.