PLANKING HAS TAKEN OVER BY OUR TROOPS!!
The lying down game (also known as planking, or face downs) is an activity, popular in various parts of the world, consisting of lying face down in an unusual or incongruous location. The hands must touch the sides of the body, and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the Internet is an integral part of the game. Players compete to find the most unusual and original location in which to play. The location should also be as public as possible, and as many people as possible should be involved.
And the troops have brought it all over the globe, including Camp Buehring in Kuwait!
Now, Camp Buehring USO has started a Planking program. Troops who are interested can plank, in a safe place, we take the picture post it up and each week a winner gets announced!
This week’s winner: SGT Schmidt!
Here are the RULES When performing a Plank:
- You must always lay face down, ensuring your face remains expressionless for the duration of the Plank.
- Your legs must remain straight, and together with toes pointed.
- Your arms must be placed by your side, held straight and fingers pointed.
- You must make it known that you are Planking. Saying ‘I am Planking’ usually get this across. Sternly announcing it will ensure a good result.
- Your safety should always be considered. Properly thought through Planking procedures should always go to plan. Never put your self at undue risk.
- Every Plank that is captured must be named