- RT @usoonpatrol: "I destroyed my Purple Heart citation on Christmas Eve." ow.ly/mbdeB via @thomasjbrennan #PTSD 19 minutes ago
- June is #PTSD Awareness Month. Watch troops & families give firsthand accounts on their struggles & successes at USOInvisibleWounds.org 1 hour ago
- Actress Kate Walsh talks about her first USO tour and how moving it was to see the sacrifices our tr pinterest.com/pin/2054064329… 20 hours ago
Hot TopicsAfghanistan Anniversary Care Packages country music documentaries documentary donate donations Families film football From the Desk of Germany guest blogger History holidays Image of the Day Iraq John Hanson kids Kuwait Letters Back Home military children military families military spouses movies music NFL partnerships photos Ride 2 Recovery Sesame Street Sloan Gibson Snag Films sports Team USO television United Through Reading USO USO Metro DC veterans video Volunteers Warrior Games wounded warriors
- Barbecue for the Troops: Tastykake Pie Ice Cream
- Legendary Dad: How Online Gaming Brought One Marine Family Closer Together
- Barbecue for the Troops: Barbara Bush’s Caesar Salad
- ‘A Big Smile and a Bullhorn’: Admiral Praises USO After Chicago Airport Experience
- Barbecue for the Troops: Kroger’s Parmesan Garlic Grilled Corn
Daily Archives: March 3, 2010
In this edition of USO Radio, Jim Mayer and Michael Naranjo are two wounded veterans from Vietnam. But they share more than that. They share the common bond of not only overcoming their injuries, but also excelling and giving back long after they had left the battlefield.
Their stories and more are featured in this special episode of what we are calling USO Radio, featuring Blues Traveler’s Forever Owed. Hear Mayer’s and Naranjo’s story – and more, including an exclusive look at the United Through Reading program – by clicking on the image above.